The first X-O Manowar Wednesday has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean there’s not still time to party with Valiant Entertainment like it’s 4001 AD. The company has partnered with Pipeworks Brewing Co. to release an X-O Manowar themed beer called X-O Manowar Galactic Golden Ale, according to a report from ComicBook.com. The beer will debut at a special release party at a bar in Chicago during C2E2. The beer, reportedly inspired by the comic, is described as a “juicy, dry-hopped golden ale” and is made with “a yeast that lends incredible tropical notes” and something called “Galaxy hops.”
It’s unclear whether the hops actually come from outer space, as is heavily implied, and if so, whether this whole thing could be the start of a terrifying science fiction story where drinking the beer causes people to become mind-slaves to an intergalactic race of space fauna, but it’s definitely a legitimate possibility. On the other hand, a portion of proceeds from the release party will benefit suicide prevention organization Hope for the Day, so if it does kick off an alien invasion that will end with unconditional surrender to our new plant overlords and the ultimate destruction of the human race, at least it’s all for a good cause.
Plus, we’ll all be wasted, so who cares?
Check out the flyer for the release party below, as well as some photos of the beer bottles featuring Lewis LaRosa artwork. X-O Manowar Galactic Golden Ale launches on April 21. X-O Manowar #1 is in stores now, with more copies on the way.
- DC is Putting Politics in Your Batgirl Comics in January… Literally - October 15, 2018
- Constantine and Batman Team Up in January; Will Everyone Keep Their Pants On? - October 15, 2018
- Now Marv Wolfman Gives Comics Retailers Their Own 100 Page Superman Exclusive - October 15, 2018
- Dark Horse Launches Tom Clancy’s The Division Comic in January - October 15, 2018
- Back From the Dead? Marvel Confirms Cyclops on the Cover of Uncanny X-Men #11 - October 15, 2018