The first X-O Manowar Wednesday has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean there’s not still time to party with Valiant Entertainment like it’s 4001 AD. The company has partnered with Pipeworks Brewing Co. to release an X-O Manowar themed beer called X-O Manowar Galactic Golden Ale, according to a report from ComicBook.com. The beer will debut at a special release party at a bar in Chicago during C2E2. The beer, reportedly inspired by the comic, is described as a “juicy, dry-hopped golden ale” and is made with “a yeast that lends incredible tropical notes” and something called “Galaxy hops.”
It’s unclear whether the hops actually come from outer space, as is heavily implied, and if so, whether this whole thing could be the start of a terrifying science fiction story where drinking the beer causes people to become mind-slaves to an intergalactic race of space fauna, but it’s definitely a legitimate possibility. On the other hand, a portion of proceeds from the release party will benefit suicide prevention organization Hope for the Day, so if it does kick off an alien invasion that will end with unconditional surrender to our new plant overlords and the ultimate destruction of the human race, at least it’s all for a good cause.
Plus, we’ll all be wasted, so who cares?
Check out the flyer for the release party below, as well as some photos of the beer bottles featuring Lewis LaRosa artwork. X-O Manowar Galactic Golden Ale launches on April 21. X-O Manowar #1 is in stores now, with more copies on the way.
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018