We’ve known that Wreck-It Ralph, the 2012 Disney animated film about a video game villain who learns how to be a hero, will be getting a sequel on March 9, 2018, and we’ve also heard rumors that this sequel will see Ralph leave the video arcade for the wide open internet in the form of star John C. Reilly explicitly saying of the film: “Ralph leaves the arcade and wrecks the Internet.” And now we have the official title of the film: Ralph Breaks The Internet.
Next year, he's gonna break it. 👊 Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 opens in theatres on March 9, 2018. pic.twitter.com/HFwiHd4JPK
— Disney (@Disney) March 29, 2017
Plot details are light right now, but we can presume Ralph will do an interview with Matt Brady where he reveals plans to kill off Hawkeye in an upcoming comic book. Reilly and Sarah Silverman are already set to reprise their roles, while Phil Johnston, more successful cousin of Bleeding Cool’s own Rich Johnston, and Rich Moore will return to direct. As we learn more about this exciting new film, we’ll let you know.
- DC Heroes in Crisis Has Some Competition in September From Dave Sim’s Cerebus - June 20, 2018
- Marvel Cancels Star Wars: Poe Dameron in September - June 19, 2018
- Untold Tales of Spidey’s Early Black Suit Days in Saladin Ahmed and Garry Brown’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel Knights Celebrates 20 Years with 15 ‘True Believers’ $1 Comics in September - June 19, 2018
- ROH Says WWE Blocked Their Madison Square Garden Debut - June 19, 2018