We’ve known that Wreck-It Ralph, the 2012 Disney animated film about a video game villain who learns how to be a hero, will be getting a sequel on March 9, 2018, and we’ve also heard rumors that this sequel will see Ralph leave the video arcade for the wide open internet in the form of star John C. Reilly explicitly saying of the film: “Ralph leaves the arcade and wrecks the Internet.” And now we have the official title of the film: Ralph Breaks The Internet.
Next year, he's gonna break it. 👊 Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 opens in theatres on March 9, 2018. pic.twitter.com/HFwiHd4JPK
— Disney (@Disney) March 29, 2017
Plot details are light right now, but we can presume Ralph will do an interview with Matt Brady where he reveals plans to kill off Hawkeye in an upcoming comic book. Reilly and Sarah Silverman are already set to reprise their roles, while Phil Johnston, more successful cousin of Bleeding Cool’s own Rich Johnston, and Rich Moore will return to direct. As we learn more about this exciting new film, we’ll let you know.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018