At the MIT Media Lab yesterday, Warren Ellis was been interviewed by Kevin Slavin about his life, work and thoughts about stuff as part of a series entitled Mythophysics Of The New Normal.
Along the way, he also made mention that he and Jason Howard are taking a break between the second and third volume of his Image Comics title Trees, in order to write the TV adaptation of the comic.
It had previously been announced that it had been optioned and was in development as a TV show for NBCUniversal International Studios with Thomas Hardy‘s production company Hardy Son & Baker.
So we knew that he was involved with it. Didn’t know that he was writing it though.
I checked in with Warren and he clarified further. “What I meant to say was that the break happened to coincide with writing the pilot – Jason and I have been working on something else in the interim.”
As Warren said during the talk, “Sometimes you’ve just got to rub drugs in your typewriter’s anus”.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018