Back in February, Bleeding Cool told you to expect a new “main” book to be announced in both the X-Men and Star Wars franchises soon. Following a series of teasers all week, Marvel revealed yesterday that Charles Soule will be writing a very X-Force-y Astonishing X-Men book with an as-yet undisclosed team of artists. Today, they’ve revealed via media partner IGN that Soule will also be writing a Star Wars book, Darth Vader, with artist Giuseppe Camuncoli. The story will pick up right where the least offensive prequel film, Revenge of the Sith, leaves off, and Soule says it will be “Darth Vader: Year One.”
A grim and gritty, Frank Miller inspired Darth Vader book? Eh, why the hell not?
“He is just awakening to that moment and that realization. So he has shouted ‘No!’ in the way we see in the film, and then it picks up immediately after that point. So we see him adjusting to that. We see him learning to be more machine than man. We see him going through some really, really cool early moments of his early mythology and history,” Soule says in his interview on IGN. He goes on to say that the first arc will explore lightsaber mythology as Vader builds his iconic red weapon, and other known characters could make guest appearances, though Soule isn’t saying who besides Emperor Palpatine, obviously, and The Inquisitors from Star Wars: Rebels.
Darth Vader launches in June.
- ABC’s New Shonda Rhimes Is… Carlton Cuse?! - August 16, 2017
- After Successful Colon Surgery, Ric Flair Remains In Critical Condition - August 15, 2017
- Fanboy Rampage: Richard Isanove Responds To Peter David On Charlottesville; Endless Creator Brouhaha Ensues - August 15, 2017
- Walking Dead Producers Take AMC Lawsuit To The Supreme Court Of New York - August 15, 2017
- Kurt Busiek And John Paul Leon’s ‘Batman: Creature Of The Night’ Hits Stores In November - August 15, 2017