Stan Lee was lined up to appear at Big Apple Comic Con in New York City this weekend.
Sadly he has come down with influenza.
“I was very sorry to hear that Stan Lee, a real trooper at 94, who wanted to be here in NYC, was sick with the flu and unable to make the con” stated Big Apple Comic Con show organiser Mike Carbonaro to Bleeding Cool before confirming his replacement.
“Jim Lee, in true superhero style, came to the rescue and is jumping on a red-eye flight to be here for the fans!” stated Big Apple Promoter, Mike Carbonaro. “We lost one Lee and gained another. Jim Lee on Saturday and Frank Miller on Sunday makes for an awesome show that I am sure fans will love” he added.
If you are going to replace Stan Lee with any other Lee, then Jim Lee is probably the Lee to choose.
And in the day when comic book creators are more likely to charge for signatures than not, the show has confirmed that all early admissions on the Saturday, will get a free signature from Jim Lee…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018