Stan Lee was lined up to appear at Big Apple Comic Con in New York City this weekend.
Sadly he has come down with influenza.
“I was very sorry to hear that Stan Lee, a real trooper at 94, who wanted to be here in NYC, was sick with the flu and unable to make the con” stated Big Apple Comic Con show organiser Mike Carbonaro to Bleeding Cool before confirming his replacement.
“Jim Lee, in true superhero style, came to the rescue and is jumping on a red-eye flight to be here for the fans!” stated Big Apple Promoter, Mike Carbonaro. “We lost one Lee and gained another. Jim Lee on Saturday and Frank Miller on Sunday makes for an awesome show that I am sure fans will love” he added.
If you are going to replace Stan Lee with any other Lee, then Jim Lee is probably the Lee to choose.
And in the day when comic book creators are more likely to charge for signatures than not, the show has confirmed that all early admissions on the Saturday, will get a free signature from Jim Lee…
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018
- Welcome to the Latest Members of DC Comics’ Superman and Batman Families (Super Sons #16 Spoilers) - May 23, 2018
- OBLIV18N by Netflix Punisher’s Ken Kristensen in Scout Comics August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018