Stan Lee was lined up to appear at Big Apple Comic Con in New York City this weekend.
Sadly he has come down with influenza.
“I was very sorry to hear that Stan Lee, a real trooper at 94, who wanted to be here in NYC, was sick with the flu and unable to make the con” stated Big Apple Comic Con show organiser Mike Carbonaro to Bleeding Cool before confirming his replacement.
“Jim Lee, in true superhero style, came to the rescue and is jumping on a red-eye flight to be here for the fans!” stated Big Apple Promoter, Mike Carbonaro. “We lost one Lee and gained another. Jim Lee on Saturday and Frank Miller on Sunday makes for an awesome show that I am sure fans will love” he added.
If you are going to replace Stan Lee with any other Lee, then Jim Lee is probably the Lee to choose.
And in the day when comic book creators are more likely to charge for signatures than not, the show has confirmed that all early admissions on the Saturday, will get a free signature from Jim Lee…
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017