Stan Lee was lined up to appear at Big Apple Comic Con in New York City this weekend.
Sadly he has come down with influenza.
“I was very sorry to hear that Stan Lee, a real trooper at 94, who wanted to be here in NYC, was sick with the flu and unable to make the con” stated Big Apple Comic Con show organiser Mike Carbonaro to Bleeding Cool before confirming his replacement.
“Jim Lee, in true superhero style, came to the rescue and is jumping on a red-eye flight to be here for the fans!” stated Big Apple Promoter, Mike Carbonaro. “We lost one Lee and gained another. Jim Lee on Saturday and Frank Miller on Sunday makes for an awesome show that I am sure fans will love” he added.
If you are going to replace Stan Lee with any other Lee, then Jim Lee is probably the Lee to choose.
And in the day when comic book creators are more likely to charge for signatures than not, the show has confirmed that all early admissions on the Saturday, will get a free signature from Jim Lee…
- Blue Language, Blood and Headshots -The Suicide Squad WonderCon 2018 Roundtables (VIDEO) - March 24, 2018
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018