Stan Lee was lined up to appear at Big Apple Comic Con in New York City this weekend.
Sadly he has come down with influenza.
“I was very sorry to hear that Stan Lee, a real trooper at 94, who wanted to be here in NYC, was sick with the flu and unable to make the con” stated Big Apple Comic Con show organiser Mike Carbonaro to Bleeding Cool before confirming his replacement.
“Jim Lee, in true superhero style, came to the rescue and is jumping on a red-eye flight to be here for the fans!” stated Big Apple Promoter, Mike Carbonaro. “We lost one Lee and gained another. Jim Lee on Saturday and Frank Miller on Sunday makes for an awesome show that I am sure fans will love” he added.
If you are going to replace Stan Lee with any other Lee, then Jim Lee is probably the Lee to choose.
And in the day when comic book creators are more likely to charge for signatures than not, the show has confirmed that all early admissions on the Saturday, will get a free signature from Jim Lee…
- Leaked Minor Details From Doomsday Clock #1 (SPOILERS) - November 18, 2017
- Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara Under Spotlight Over Justice League Reception - November 18, 2017
- Gamifying Comics: The Making Of Cartooner - November 18, 2017
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS] - November 18, 2017
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017