Alec Baldwin’s Saturday Night Live parody portrayal of Donald Trump is so spot-on, a Dominican newspaper once mistakenly used a photo of Baldwin in an article about the President. But in an interview with Extra, Baldwin revealed that he’s considering hanging up his wig.
“His policies aside, which you can hate, I thought he would have just relaxed,” Baldwin revealed in the interview. “The maliciousness of this White House has people worried… that’s why I’m not going to do it much longer, the impersonation, I don’t know how much more people can take it.”
It looks like Baldwin isn’t quite ready to say goodbye yet, but the time is coming soon when he will. We’ll just have to enjoy the parody while we can, and hope SNL’s next Trump can capture some of that same magic. Or perhaps the President could join the cast and play himself on SNL. They say that if you want something done right, you should do it yourself, and Trump has been critical of his portrayal repeatedly in the past.
Watch the video below:
- Joe Russo: No Avengers Infinity War Comic-Con Footage For You - July 25, 2017
- Rantz Hoseley To Adapt Nikki Sixx’s ‘Heroin Diaries’ As Comic For Heavy Metal - July 25, 2017
- Musa Kart, Jailed For Comics, Releases Opening Statement From Trial - July 25, 2017
- Gritty Peter Pan Comic Reboot ‘The Wendy Project’ Is In Stores Today - July 25, 2017
- Comic Shop Consortium Sends Dell’otto Variant Of Bendis Comic To Troops - July 25, 2017