Alec Baldwin’s Saturday Night Live parody portrayal of Donald Trump is so spot-on, a Dominican newspaper once mistakenly used a photo of Baldwin in an article about the President. But in an interview with Extra, Baldwin revealed that he’s considering hanging up his wig.
“His policies aside, which you can hate, I thought he would have just relaxed,” Baldwin revealed in the interview. “The maliciousness of this White House has people worried… that’s why I’m not going to do it much longer, the impersonation, I don’t know how much more people can take it.”
It looks like Baldwin isn’t quite ready to say goodbye yet, but the time is coming soon when he will. We’ll just have to enjoy the parody while we can, and hope SNL’s next Trump can capture some of that same magic. Or perhaps the President could join the cast and play himself on SNL. They say that if you want something done right, you should do it yourself, and Trump has been critical of his portrayal repeatedly in the past.
Watch the video below:
- BOOM! Announces ‘Beneath the Dark Crystal,’ Another Sequel to the Jim Henson Classic - March 23, 2018
- Nom Pratt is writing a Young Adult Novel Based on John Allison’s ‘Giant Days’ - March 23, 2018
- Derek Laufman’s RuinWorld Goes Kaboom! - March 23, 2018
- Remender and Bengal’s Death or Glory Gets a Racy Trailer - March 23, 2018
- WWE’s Ultimate Deletion Gets an Epilogue - March 23, 2018