Ahead of his world title match against Adam Cole at Ring of Honor’s 15th Anniversary PPV this Friday, Bleeding Cool sat down with Christopher Daniels to talk about the match, his career, his love of comic books, and his own comic with Frankie Kazarian, Art Baltzar, and Franco, Aw Yeah Team-Up, in stores now. That interview will be published later today, but out of all the topics we covered, there was one thing we wanted to know because we were positive it would make a great headline: what comic book superhero or villain would he like to play in a comic book movie.
“If you had asked me that two years ago, I would have gone for Deadpool, but apparently Ryan Reynolds has got that locked down, so unfortunate timing for me,” Daniels told us, graciously obliging our thirst for clickbait. “But in that vein, it would be pretty cool to be able to play Madcap, especially based off of the current storyline that Gerry Duggan is doing in the Deadpool book. So I’m throwing my hat in the ring to play Madcap in Deadpool 3, because I’m sure it’s not gonna come in time for Deadpool 2.”
In our interview, Daniels also talked about where he’d like to end his career, the rumors that he was originally slated to be WWE’s “higher power” during the classic Attitude Era storyline, and whether or not he’ll return to TNA. Check back with Bleeding cool in about an hour to read the full interview!
- Next James Bond Film Gets A 2019 Release Date, Now Needs A James Bond - July 24, 2017
- Captain Marvel To Be Subsidized By Taxpayer Dollars - July 24, 2017
- Trial Begins For Cartoonist Musa Kart, Jailed For His Comics In Turkish Opposition Crackdown - July 24, 2017
- George R. R. Martin Optimistic About New Game Of Thrones Book In 2018 - July 23, 2017
- Return To ‘Westworld’ With HBO’s Season 2 Comic-Con Trailer - July 23, 2017