Move over Her Universe, Black Milk, and Poprageous there’s a new player in town in the geek fashion world, and that’s Celestial Body Swimwear. Created by actress/producer Rileah Vanderbilt along with costumer Jes Reaves, the lines have a distinctly space-y bent to them.
While the bulk of current geek fashion is inspired by fictional elements, Vanderbilt and Reaves have gone the more grounded approach: inspired by a love of space and science. In keeping with that passion for science, the company has teamed up with STEM non-profit group, Mind Makers.
A portion of each sale will be going to this amazing organization so they can continue their mission to increase STEM accessibility for underserved adults and children through education, outreach and awesome displays of tech teamwork.
The line will be kicking off with three styles with four prints (Soyuz rocket blueprints, math equations, galaxies, and a custom design inspired by NASA spacesuits), so you can mix and match your style to your look. Their website is now active and taking pre-orders. Initially sizes range from XS – XL, with everything being made on-site in Los Angeles.
Vanderbilt is previously best known as the co-creator of Team Unicorn, a multi-media production team of women responsible for popular geek-centric content. Last year she created and hosted Blame it on Science, for Lionsgate’s Comic-Con HQ, which featured planetary physicist Kevin Grazier.
- 20th Century Fox Eyeing Sylvester Stallone For Lead In Starlight Comic To Film Adaptation - April 25, 2017
- Footage Of Marvel’s Black Panther Movie Has The Women Front And Center - April 19, 2017
- Starz’s New Historical Drama The White Princess Is The Prequel For The Tudors - April 17, 2017
- Cosplay Roundup From Star Wars Celebration - April 16, 2017
- Daisy Ridley On Star Wars The Last Jedi Rough Cut Reactions: “It’s Different” - April 15, 2017