Dynamite’s upcoming prequel for the television series Z Nation is in the previews catalog now, so they’ve sent us a few interior pages to show off as a first look. The series, Z Nation: Black Summer is being written by Fred Van Lente and series creator Craig Engler with art by Edu Menna. The book is set to ship on the 12th of April. Z Nation was created by Engler and Karl Schaefer and is produced for television by The Asylum and airs on Syfy.
A prequel set in the world of Syfy and Asylum’s #1 scripted hit zombie series Z Nation is as bad as the apocalypse gets. A worldwide drought and famine when most of the surviving population dies and turns zombie. As the remnants of humanity cling to existence, fan favorite Charles Garnett returns to send a new team on a desperate new mission: Retrieve a possibly untouched cache of the food substitute Soylent Z from Galveston, Texas.
But when mission leader Israel Johnson and his small team arrive in Galveston, they’ll face a threat unlike anything ever seen before in the zombie genre. Featuring Z Nation’s signature blend of horror, humor and heart, Black Summer is the start of a new six-issue miniseries from acclaimed writer Fred Van Lente (Marvel Zombies, G.I. Joe) and Craig Engler, based on the long running series Z NATION by Karl Schaefer and Craig Engler.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018