Dynamite Entertainment and BOOM! Studios’ kaboom! imprint are bringing together two of the most famous cats in the world” Grumpy Cat and Garfield. The new limited series will include a story by Garfield creator Jim Davis.
Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher of Dynamite says:
Working with the fine folks at Grumpy Cat has been absolutely wonderful. We’ve had tremendous success bringing Grumpy to our fans, and helped to grow the comics market with record breaking sales through the comics industry’s direct market, book stores, Scholastic, and our Free Comic Book Day Sales giveaways where tens of thousands of new fans went to comic stores for the firs time. Meeting Mr. Davis has been a highlight of my career and working with him and our friends Ross, Filip and everyone at Boom! Studios to bring her into the world of Jim Davis’ beloved comic strip is a once in a lifetime opportunity. These are the two most famous felines in the world. I can’t wait to see what trouble these two get into!
Ross Richie, Founder and CEO of BOOM! Studios commented:
Jim Davis approached us years ago asking us to publish the Garfield comic books and it’s been a tremendous honor to work with one of the greatest cartoonists of all time and the entire team at PAWS. When I met with him at San Diego Comic-Con International this year to discuss this crossover, he was brimming with delight at the idea of these two felines getting together. His enthusiasm and affection for this crossover is infectious! This is going to be terrific fun!
Look for more news about the comic book crossover event of the year in the coming months, with a release targeted for summer 2017!
The series will debut this summer.
- The Magicians Season 3: Second Trailer And Premiere Date - November 20, 2017
- CW Releases First Full Trailer For Crisis On Earth-X, The Arrowverse Crossover Event - November 20, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD Season 5: “Space, The One Thing We Haven’t Done Before” - November 20, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara, Winn, And J’onn Discover What Is In The Alien Ship - November 20, 2017
- Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist Sings For Minecraft In New Ad - November 20, 2017