DC Comics may be delaying their April 2017 solicitations until next Monday. But Bleeding Cool will do our best to Frankenstein them together. Including this little beauty. The first issue of a Batman/Shadow crossover by Steve Orlando, Scott Snyder and Riley Rossmo, published with Dynamite Entertainment in a similar fashion to their recent Wonder Woman ’77/Bionic Woman collaboration.
The Shadow, which began as a narrator for a radio drama in 1931, became a character created by Walter B Gibson which span off into actual radio dramas, magazines, novels, comics, TV shows, games and movies – and was an integral inspiration for Batman and had “the power to cloud men’s minds so they cannot see him” while the radio opening lines “Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!”, was spoken by Frank Readick Jr. Dynamite Entertainment currently published a line of Shadow comic books.
And now The Shadow and his literary descendant are meeting up!
BATMAN/SHADOW #1 (1 of 6)
Written by STEVE ORLANDO & SCOTT SNYDER
Art and cover by RILEY ROSSMO
Two of history’s greatest vigilantes are reunited at last! Murder has come to Gotham City, and Lamont Cranston appears to be the culprit…but he’s been dead for over fifty years! Batman will go to the ends of the Earth to unravel the mystery of Cranston’s life, but the mysterious Shadow will do everything in his power to stop him from learning too much…
The superstar team of writers Scott Snyder and Steve Orlando and artist Riley Rossmo brings you a dark and twisty modern noir like nothing you’ve seen before, with a brand-new villain unlike any either hero has faced! This is the unmissable crime series of 2017, so get on board now! Co-published with Dynamite.
12+ Available on April 26 2017 32 pg $3.99
Of course it wouldn’t be the first time… DC used to license The Shadow…
- Marvel to Publish Free ‘Marvel Universe Magazine’ for 18th April - March 23, 2018
- Boom Comics of Lawrence, Kansas, Explodes on Facebook - March 23, 2018
- Separated At Birth: Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman: Last Knight on Earth and Andrew McLean’s Headlopper? - March 23, 2018
- How Come Five Below Gets Better Deals Than Comic Stores Through Diamond? A Retailer Asks… - March 23, 2018
- How a Marvel Marketer Helped Rob Liefeld Persuade Marvel Comics to Publish X-Force - March 22, 2018