Superman is getting a new costume redesign. Again. And, as has been traditional (since 2011 at least), he doesn’t have the red shorts. The trunks. The underpants. Whatever you want to call them. Modeled on a strongman’s costume in the nineteen thirties, they have in recent decades been described as “wearing underpants over your trousers” and have been a source of ribaldry.
So even the recent DC Rebirth that brought back certain discarded aspects of the DC Universe mythos, didn’t extend that to include the red trunks. Not even in the Pre-52 version of the character
Some people have been up in arms about this, as if it is a crime against humanity, Indeed, Dan DiDio, co-publisher of DC Comics, was targeted with messages such at this on Facebook;
Along with this kind of imagery,
It’s not every day you are basically accused of being a Nazi. Oh wait, sorry, this is the internet, it is every day. And this fellow was vociferous – until he was banned.
But in his absence Babylon 5 creator and writer of the Superman “Grounded” arc, J Michael Straczynski was good at impersonations…
- Calgary Expo Confirms They Are Now Part Of Fan Expo HQ Shows - October 20, 2017
- Are You On The Fence? C.S. Pacat Makes The Case Ger Her First Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- How To Get Your Copy Of The Comic Industry All-Star ‘The Spirit Of Eisner’ Newspaper - October 20, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017