Archie Comics has published comics based on the Sega video game Sonic The Hedgehog since 1992, and it has remained a remarkably successful comic book series, licensed out further and wider than their other titles.
However are things at an end?
This is their website subscription button.
Lots of Archie titles and Sonic The Hedgehog. But when you click through?
They are running a 70% off sale on Archie Comics right now. Which is a pretty big discount when it comes to print, which might suggest they are trying to clear a lot of stock, fast.
As a result of legal suits by Ken Penders and others, over Archie ownership paperwork regarding ownership of new characters, later used by Sega in the games, not as watertight as they could be, Archie settled – but the suit was still open with Sega. Could the relationship between Archie and Sega have been seriously damaged?
March sees the finale issue of the long-running serial Sonic Overdrive and issue #293 of the ongoing series.
This year is scheduled to see the 300th issue of Sonic The Hedgehog. Will it get there? Will someone else publish it instead?
Archie Comics representatives did not respond to inquiries earlier, but we will update if they get in touch.
- The New 'Sonic Mania' Trailer Confirms A Release Date
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018