Archie Comics has published comics based on the Sega video game Sonic The Hedgehog since 1992, and it has remained a remarkably successful comic book series, licensed out further and wider than their other titles.
However are things at an end?
This is their website subscription button.
Lots of Archie titles and Sonic The Hedgehog. But when you click through?
They are running a 70% off sale on Archie Comics right now. Which is a pretty big discount when it comes to print, which might suggest they are trying to clear a lot of stock, fast.
As a result of legal suits by Ken Penders and others, over Archie ownership paperwork regarding ownership of new characters, later used by Sega in the games, not as watertight as they could be, Archie settled – but the suit was still open with Sega. Could the relationship between Archie and Sega have been seriously damaged?
March sees the finale issue of the long-running serial Sonic Overdrive and issue #293 of the ongoing series.
This year is scheduled to see the 300th issue of Sonic The Hedgehog. Will it get there? Will someone else publish it instead?
Archie Comics representatives did not respond to inquiries earlier, but we will update if they get in touch.
- The New 'Sonic Mania' Trailer Confirms A Release Date
- The Walking Dead #175 Lurches to the Top of Advance Reorders - December 15, 2017
- Pie, Mash, and Comic Shop Piecaramaba! Opens Second Store in Southampton - December 15, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Gets 1st and 2nd Place in November 2017 Charts as DC Sells More Comics, but Marvel Makes More Money - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Teases Surprises for Venom’s 30th Anniversary - December 15, 2017
- What Will Fox/Disney Deal Mean for Firefly, Angel, Buffy, Aliens and Predator? - December 15, 2017