Archie Comics has published comics based on the Sega video game Sonic The Hedgehog since 1992, and it has remained a remarkably successful comic book series, licensed out further and wider than their other titles.
However are things at an end?
This is their website subscription button.
Lots of Archie titles and Sonic The Hedgehog. But when you click through?
They are running a 70% off sale on Archie Comics right now. Which is a pretty big discount when it comes to print, which might suggest they are trying to clear a lot of stock, fast.
As a result of legal suits by Ken Penders and others, over Archie ownership paperwork regarding ownership of new characters, later used by Sega in the games, not as watertight as they could be, Archie settled – but the suit was still open with Sega. Could the relationship between Archie and Sega have been seriously damaged?
March sees the finale issue of the long-running serial Sonic Overdrive and issue #293 of the ongoing series.
This year is scheduled to see the 300th issue of Sonic The Hedgehog. Will it get there? Will someone else publish it instead?
Archie Comics representatives did not respond to inquiries earlier, but we will update if they get in touch.
- The Brand Manager Who Really Wants To Talk About Robotech - May 25, 2017
- Another Seven Marvel Comics Get Exclusive Retailer Variant Covers For August - May 25, 2017
- Gendercrunching March 2017 – And The Eisner Awards Nominees - May 25, 2017
- Fewer Attendees, Fewer Comics Given Away, Fewer Participating Stores – Free Comic Book Day 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Shameless/Into The Badlands Writer/Producer LaToya Morgan Writes Zenescope’s Latest Robyn Hood Comic - May 25, 2017