Dynamite has followed up their 25 cent zero issue of Red Sonja with a 25 cent zero issue of Vampirella by Paul Cornell and Jimmy Broxton. And where Vampirella has pulled in over 80,000 pre-orders through Diamond Distributors, that’s well under the 110,000 orders that Red Sonja got. Now this could be a blessing for the publisher as they lose money on every issue printed, but it seems odd that retailers are holding back a bit on an issue that they’re getting basically at 8 for a dollar. Its about the same percentage drop that you see from an issue one to issue two in the same series.
Now Red Sonja saw an increase of 10,000 copies at the Final Order Cutoff, which is this weekend for Vampirella, so the numbers are likely to go up some. I know that Image has some 25 cent issues coming up as well, it will be interesting to see if order numbers continue to decrease as if they were part of a series.
I interviewed Cornell and Broxton about the zero issue here. And you can see more about it here and the first issue here. And below are the zero issues covers by Philip Tan, Joseph Michael Linsner and J. Scott Campbell.
- Supergirl Season 3: Inside the Episode ‘The Fanatical’ - May 21, 2018
- Stephen Amell Says the Green Arrow Goatee is Coming - May 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Be Magical - May 21, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Sneak Peek at the Season Finale - May 21, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018