Ever since WWE superstar Paige began dating former WWE superstar Alberto Del Rio, “smarks” – wrestling fans who care as much or more about the backstage aspects of the wrestling business than the in-ring product – have been decrying the relationship. For some, it’s an insulting brand of patriarchal concern at Paige’s actions since beginning the relationship, including two violations of WWE’s wellness policy. For others, it may be a love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the knowledge that Del Rio allegedly recently beat one up. And for others still, it’s because they themselves are in love with Paige and angry that she’s no longer single. It’s never gonna happen, guys. Just let her live her own life. This is her house, dammit!
In any case, the relationship is still going strong, with Paige professing her love for Del Rio via a letter posted to Twitter:
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) December 20, 2016
Awww! Isn’t that cute? Well, not according to some Twitter concern trolls:
You're crossing into dangerously obsessed territory. This is some Sid & Nancy level shit.
— . (@___Q__) December 20, 2016
@Oatgan she’s talking about her next batch of coke
— Nut Bloodies (@nut_bunnies) December 20, 2016
I call dibs on the rebound after the disastrous break up.
— K1NG (@K1NGSNAKE) December 20, 2016
Sorry, @K1NGSNAKE, but we doubt you have a chance.
Bleeding Cool is glad that Paige and Del Rio are happy together, and we hope their romance continues. If nothing else, it’s fun watching smarks lose their minds over it.
- X-Men: Bland Design – The Generic Origin of Lydia Nance Revealed in X-Men Gold #22 - February 22, 2018
- It’s Superteens Vs. Crusaders in New Archie Mini-Series in June - February 22, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – All Good Things Must End, Like Generation X #87 - February 22, 2018
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018