Ever since WWE superstar Paige began dating former WWE superstar Alberto Del Rio, “smarks” – wrestling fans who care as much or more about the backstage aspects of the wrestling business than the in-ring product – have been decrying the relationship. For some, it’s an insulting brand of patriarchal concern at Paige’s actions since beginning the relationship, including two violations of WWE’s wellness policy. For others, it may be a love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the knowledge that Del Rio allegedly recently beat one up. And for others still, it’s because they themselves are in love with Paige and angry that she’s no longer single. It’s never gonna happen, guys. Just let her live her own life. This is her house, dammit!
In any case, the relationship is still going strong, with Paige professing her love for Del Rio via a letter posted to Twitter:
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) December 20, 2016
Awww! Isn’t that cute? Well, not according to some Twitter concern trolls:
You're crossing into dangerously obsessed territory. This is some Sid & Nancy level shit.
— . (@___Q__) December 20, 2016
@Oatgan she’s talking about her next batch of coke
— The Gley Community (@nut_bunnies) December 20, 2016
Gag me. He's old enough to be your father.
— Aaron Gulbransen (@aarongcigars) December 20, 2016
I call dibs on the rebound after the disastrous break up.
— K1NG (@K1NGSNAKE) December 20, 2016
Sorry, @K1NGSNAKE, but we doubt you have a chance.
Bleeding Cool is glad that Paige and Del Rio are happy together, and we hope their romance continues. If nothing else, it’s fun watching smarks lose their minds over it.
- Trish Stratus Returns for Evolution Dream Match Against Alexa Bliss - August 19, 2018
- Celestial Judgement is Upon the Marvel Universe, Plus Previews for All of Marvel’s 8/22 Releases - August 18, 2018
- Storm Tempted by the Dark Side in Previews for All of Next Week’s X-Men Comics - August 18, 2018
- Lumberjanes, Amazing World of Gumball, and More in All of BOOM!’s 8/22 Previews - August 18, 2018
- Tonight There’s Gonna Be a Mermin Jailbreak in Oni Previews for 8/28 - August 18, 2018