Last week, we told you about Marvel’s new web series which takes Marvel’s super-mega-crossover event stories and condenses them down to less-than-five-minute videos: TL;DR. Since Marvel’s super-mega-crossover events usually consist of several dozen issues by the time all the tie-ins are counted, this might seem like a tough job. However, Marvel actually does a pretty good job explaining the stories in that short time, probably due to the extreme “writing for the trade” decompression in modern comics that stretches a story that would have taken Stan and Jack one issue into an 8 issue mini with a zero issue and FCBD special along with seven ancillary tie-in minis and branded interruptions to every regular ongoing title.
Anyway, we’ve gotten off track. Last week, for the debut episode, Marvel covered Planet Hulk, and this week they’re doing Civil War. It’s both a good refresher or primer on the series, and has a few self-aware laughs as well (though I know not all Bleeding Cool readers like those). Check it out below, if you want:
- X-ual Healing: Glob Herman Catfished in Old Man Logan #40 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The New Avengers Finally Find a Wolverine in Adamantium Agenda #2 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: If You Like Violence and Nonstop Banter, You’ll Love Deadpool Assassin #1 - June 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Finally Helping Others Learn from His Mistakes - June 16, 2018
- Improbable Previews: The Spectacular Spencer-Man Debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #1 - June 15, 2018