Groot was a run away hit in Guardians of the Galaxy. He was introduced to the mainstream in a big way, and seems to have captured the hearts of audiences.
Due to the events of the last movie though, the character will be appearing as ‘Baby Groot’ in the sequel. It seems with that will come with somewhat of a new attitude too. When asked by Collider about the character, actor Vin Diesel explained:
There is a difference. He couldn’t be more naive as baby Groot. I always think of the Groot that we saw in the first Guardians as a college level Groot. He’s not fully grown yet, but he’s a man. Once he sacrifices himself at the end of the movie, now he has to start all over, so to speak. So we’re going to see this goofy, adorable, baby Groot thing running around the screen. Just kinda learning as he goes. I think people are going to love this movie.
It’s fun that Vin Diesel is back in the role despite being a baby. I bet those VO sessions were a hoot.
- Mark of the Ninja Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Year - March 20, 2018
- Bardock and Broly to Join Dragon Ball FighterZ Roster Next Week - March 20, 2018
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Report Claims Next Assassin’s Creed Game is Going to Ancient Greece - March 19, 2018
- Burnout Paradise Tops UK Charts, Proving It Still Has Some Magic to Give - March 19, 2018