Futurists artist Mitch Breitweiser is known for drawing the Star Spangled Avenger, but it was an artistic tribute to a different sort of American icon that caused him sorrow on social media this week. Following the election victory of Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, Breitweiser made the following tweet, congratulating Trump on the win and wishing him success:
— Mitch W. Breitweiser (@mbreitweiser) November 9, 2016
The reaction was probably not what he expected:
at least I know who to unfollow
— Christian Ward (@cjwardart) November 9, 2016
— Dan McDread (@danmcdaid) November 9, 2016
Two days later, and it seems the tweet had led to the loss of a significant number of Breitweiser’s comics pro friends, leading him to lament:
Flabbergasted that so many peers that I thought were my friends have left over a difference of opinion. Self-deportation really does work.
— Mitch W. Breitweiser (@mbreitweiser) November 11, 2016
Chew artist Rob Guillory, however, seems to sticking around:
Pride would rather walk away than possibly see one's own error, I think.
— Rob Guillory (@Rob_guillory) November 11, 2016
It looks like we can count on Mitch Breitweiser to visit conventions in red states, which may be looking to fill some vacancies over the next four years. If you see him at one, well, it sounds like he could use a hug.
- Jim Lee Gets a DC Legends Artifact Edition from IDW in September - March 24, 2018
- FX Drops Donald Glover Deadpool Cartoon - March 24, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Because U Demanded It, Hulkverine Gets an Ongoing in Weapon H #1 - March 24, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Mutant Plant Cancer Gone Wild in X-Men Gold #24 - March 24, 2018
- Kenny Omega Welcomes LGBT People to Wrestling Fandom, Says WWE Treats Gay Characters as Jokes - March 24, 2018