Futurists artist Mitch Breitweiser is known for drawing the Star Spangled Avenger, but it was an artistic tribute to a different sort of American icon that caused him sorrow on social media this week. Following the election victory of Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, Breitweiser made the following tweet, congratulating Trump on the win and wishing him success:
— Mitch Breitweiser 👊💥 (@mbreitweiser) November 9, 2016
The reaction was probably not what he expected:
at least I know who to unfollow
— Christian Ward (@cjwardart) November 9, 2016
— Dan McDaid (@danmcdaid) November 9, 2016
Two days later, and it seems the tweet had led to the loss of a significant number of Breitweiser’s comics pro friends, leading him to lament:
Flabbergasted that so many peers that I thought were my friends have left over a difference of opinion. Self-deportation really does work.
— Mitch Breitweiser 👊💥 (@mbreitweiser) November 11, 2016
Chew artist Rob Guillory, however, seems to sticking around:
Pride would rather walk away than possibly see one's own error, I think.
— Rob Guillory (@Rob_guillory) November 11, 2016
It looks like we can count on Mitch Breitweiser to visit conventions in red states, which may be looking to fill some vacancies over the next four years. If you see him at one, well, it sounds like he could use a hug.
- Hulk Hogan Wants to Return to WWE… As Velveteen Dream’s Manager? - June 21, 2018
- Report: Big Cass Fired for Bad Promos, Bad Wrestling, Bad Listening Skills, and Bad Bathroom Behavior - June 21, 2018
- WWE’s Sami Zayn Tore 2 Rotator Cuffs, Will Be Out Until 2019 - June 21, 2018
- First Look at The Thrilling Adventure Hour #1 by Bens Acker and Blacker, M.J. Erickson - June 21, 2018
- Behold: Nathan Fox’s Limited Edition Wraparound Variant for The Weatherman #2 - June 21, 2018