With a name of simply God of War and a stroll through Norse mythology, I thought that this game might be a total reboot for the series, at least from a narrative point of view.
Not so it would seem. During a YouTube Live interview, Sony Santa Monica creative director Cory Barlog confirmed that the game does indeed star Kratos, and that it is on the same timeline. He said:
The main thing we’re doing is we’re reimagining the gameplay, kind of tearing it down, rebuilding it from scratch, and continuing the storyline. We’re carrying the mythology we’ve created with God of War and bringing it into Norse mythology.
The game looks like it is going to play completely differently to others in the series, and I am quite fascinated to see how this continues. Seeing how Kratos kind of mellowed out will be a treat if handled right.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018