There has been a little narrative growing around The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild since it was announced a couple years ago. Due to the androgynous nature of Link int he reveal video, the discussion of a playable female Link has followed.
That isn’t going to be happening though. Speaking to Gamespot, producer Eiji Aonuma said the discussion was had internally and it didn’t happened because they’d make Princess Zelda the lead if they wanted a female protagonist and that would take away from Link.
We thought about it and decided that if we’re going to have a female protagonist it’s simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character.
…if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup.
It’s a bit of a weird bit of reasoning to me, but the game looks so pretty and lovely, and this is such a small thing, this is hardly a huge downer.
- Gears 5 Won’t go Back to ‘Gears of War 5’ Title - June 21, 2018
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Coming To Xbox One Next Month - June 21, 2018
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018