The recent controversy cause by Nick Spencer’s Captain America story continues to grow. Vocal opponents of the reveal that Steve Rogers has been a Hydra plant since he was a child have been horrified because of the characters creators, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, were both Jewish. Things even escalated to death threats against the writer… never the answer in an situation. But the thing that those decrying foul against Spencer and Marvel fail to recognize that this just the beginning of the story.
Someone who did see that is actor Clark Gregg. The man who took a small role in Iron Man and turned it into the heart of the MCU, Agent Phil Coulson. Fans of the films know that Coulson is a Captain America super-fan and even owns a full set of the trading cards in mint condition… aside form the blood on them now thanks to Nick Fury.
Gregg posted to twitter, not commenting on the story itself, but telling Spencer to tell his story and he’ll wait and see where it goes. Spencer, of course, responded with thanks and telling the actor, “I think you’ll like where it goes.”
@clarkgregg thank you sir! I think you’ll like where it goes :)
— Nick Spencer (@nickspencer) May 29, 2016
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018