In today’s Spider-Man/Deadpool #5 by Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness, Spider-Man goes to hell. Or rather Peter Parker does, sent there by Deadpool.
I know, ain’t he a stinker?
Now, a brief recap. As part of the One More Day story, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson makes a deal with Mephisto to bring Peter’s Aunt May back from the dead, in exchange for their marriage having never existed. Mary Jane Watson threw in a last minute clause that Mephisto accepted.
It was later revealed to have been this
Though at the time, a digital comic zoom revealed a different request.
“You will make me remember everything”.
Anyway, in today’s Spider-Man/Deadpool, Mephisto appears to break that clause. As he stops by for a chat.
Unless, you know, if he’s dead and in hell, this no longer counts as “his days”… but by talking about the future, surely that acknowledge that his days have not ended?
Time to get some lawyers specialised in this kind of thing. Are Wolff & Byrd on the premises?
UPDATE: It also contradicts something Joe Quesada once said about that scene…
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? Will They End up on Marvel Unlimited? - October 21, 2018
- From Hilda to Esther – Walking Through Notts Comic Con 2018 - October 21, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018