In today’s Spider-Man/Deadpool #5 by Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness, Spider-Man goes to hell. Or rather Peter Parker does, sent there by Deadpool.
I know, ain’t he a stinker?
Now, a brief recap. As part of the One More Day story, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson makes a deal with Mephisto to bring Peter’s Aunt May back from the dead, in exchange for their marriage having never existed. Mary Jane Watson threw in a last minute clause that Mephisto accepted.
It was later revealed to have been this
Though at the time, a digital comic zoom revealed a different request.
“You will make me remember everything”.
Anyway, in today’s Spider-Man/Deadpool, Mephisto appears to break that clause. As he stops by for a chat.
Unless, you know, if he’s dead and in hell, this no longer counts as “his days”… but by talking about the future, surely that acknowledge that his days have not ended?
Time to get some lawyers specialised in this kind of thing. Are Wolff & Byrd on the premises?
UPDATE: It also contradicts something Joe Quesada once said about that scene…
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018