By Olly MacNamee
In conjunction with the Birmingham Comics Festival, New York bestselling graphic novelist Mike Carey (X-Men, Lucifer) comes to Birmingham’s branch of Waterstones on Saturday 9th April for an exclusive signing of his latest novel, Fellside.
It’s described as:
Fellside has been described as a thriller set in a maximum security prison on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors. A place where even the walls whisper.
Carey’s writing career has seen him writing for 2000AD, Fantastic Four and The X-Men and the Eisner Award nominated Lucifer, as well as forging a second career as an author, most notably The Girl With All The Gifts which is currently being adapted into the film She Who Brings Gifts starring Glen Close, Gemma Arterton and Paddy Considine. It’s a film Carey wrote the screenplay for and that was partly filmed in the mean streets of Birmingham itself last summer, when a portion of Brum’s streets were turned into a facsimile of a dystopian future. Although, I don’t think too many of the locals noticed the difference.
It’s a free event, but it will be ticketed, so if you are in town on that Saturday make sure you’ve got a ticket first. Either, drop into the newly refurbished Waterstones or phone and reserve yours on 0121 633 4353. Alternatively, you can tweet your request to @waterstonesb’ham
Olly MacNamee teaches English and Media, for his sins, in a school somewhere in Birmingham. Some days, even he doesn’t know where it is. Follow him on twitter @ollymacnamee or read about his exploits at email@example.com. Or don’t. You can also read his articles fairly frequently at www.bleedingcool.com too.
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018
- Video: Everything You Need Know About World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’s Story in 7 Minutes. - August 14, 2018
- Bethesda Says Future Games Could Come to Steam Despite Fallout 76 Skipping Platform - August 14, 2018
- Sumo Digital has Bought The Chinese Room – Game in More Traditional Genre Coming - August 14, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018