By Olly MacNamee
In conjunction with the Birmingham Comics Festival, New York bestselling graphic novelist Mike Carey (X-Men, Lucifer) comes to Birmingham’s branch of Waterstones on Saturday 9th April for an exclusive signing of his latest novel, Fellside.
It’s described as:
Fellside has been described as a thriller set in a maximum security prison on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors. A place where even the walls whisper.
Carey’s writing career has seen him writing for 2000AD, Fantastic Four and The X-Men and the Eisner Award nominated Lucifer, as well as forging a second career as an author, most notably The Girl With All The Gifts which is currently being adapted into the film She Who Brings Gifts starring Glen Close, Gemma Arterton and Paddy Considine. It’s a film Carey wrote the screenplay for and that was partly filmed in the mean streets of Birmingham itself last summer, when a portion of Brum’s streets were turned into a facsimile of a dystopian future. Although, I don’t think too many of the locals noticed the difference.
It’s a free event, but it will be ticketed, so if you are in town on that Saturday make sure you’ve got a ticket first. Either, drop into the newly refurbished Waterstones or phone and reserve yours on 0121 633 4353. Alternatively, you can tweet your request to @waterstonesb’ham
Olly MacNamee teaches English and Media, for his sins, in a school somewhere in Birmingham. Some days, even he doesn’t know where it is. Follow him on twitter @ollymacnamee or read about his exploits at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or don’t. You can also read his articles fairly frequently at www.bleedingcool.com too.
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018