Bleeding Cool was the first to report that Scott Snyder would be leaving the Batman monthly comic he has flourished on, as it goes bi-weekly and starts from a new #1 as part of the DC Rebirth relaunch project. And that Snyder will instead take on the also-relaunched-but-staying-monthly Detective Comics, also starring Batman.
As part of… whatever DC Comics’ new Rebirth relaunch is, I understand from multiple parties that Tom King, writer of Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff Of Babylon, Futurama and The Vision comics, is favourite at DC Comics to take the reigns. When I least heard, it wasn’t quite locked down, but it was expected to happen by all parties.
Ex-CIA operative King, though relatively new to comic books, has had an impressive run of work so far and is one of Scott Snyder’s gang at DC Comics. Tom King working on Batman while Snyder works on Detective Comics has been described to me as akin to Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen working in simpatico together on Star Wars and Darth Vader, basically in and out of the other’s pockets…
Indeed, maybe that’s the better analogy to make. Batman is DC’s Star Wars.
Recently, Bleeding Cool also announced that Tom King was leaving Grayson early. Well, those new bi-weekly issues don’t write themselves…
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018