Not everyone got into creating comic books in 2015. Some folk were doing it a little before then. Marvel is looking to celebrate some of the classic creators on their comics with a series of variant covers featuring their work.
So All New X-Men #4 gets a Classic variant by June Brigman. Brigman co-created Power Pack with Louise Simonson back in the eighties, drew Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants and Supergirl and drew the Brenda Starr strip for sixteen years after that, and currently a professor of sequential art at Savannah College of Art and Design.
Uncanny Inhumans #5 gets a Classic variant by Pat Broderick, best known for his work on Micronauts and Batman Year Three, as well as co-creating the Creature Commandoes.
Amazing Spider-Man #9 gets a Classic variant by Bob McLeod who co-created the New Mutants and worked on the Superman comics.
Power Man & Iron Fist #1 by Trevor Von Eeden who co-created Count Vertigo and worked on Black Lightning, Batman, Green Arrow, and Power Man and Iron Fist.
Spider-Man #1 by Mark Bagley, who was the artist on Ultimate Spider-Man for the longest time and Amazing Spider-Man before that.
Others will include Deadpool #8 and Doctor Strange #6.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017