This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.
And the launch of Spider-Man/Deadpool with a Vision back up reprint even managed to out do Star Wars and the end of Vader Down. And you can bet Darth Vader would have done better if more copies had made it through to stores…
Oh and the only on-Marvel title on the list was Oni’s Invader Zim. Not one DC…
- 1. Spider-Man/Deadpool #1
- 2. Star Wars #14
- 3. Uncanny X-Men #1
- 4. Doctor Strange #4
- 5. Darth Vader #15
- 6. Amazing Spider-Man #6
- 7. Invincible Iron Man #5
- 8. A-Force #1
- 9. Invader Zim #6
- 10. Deadpool #3
Thanks to these retailers,
- Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
- Jesse James Comics of Glendale, Arizona
- Graham Crackers Comics 10 locations in the Mid-West
- Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
- Jetpack Comics of Rochester, New York
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Who had this to say,
It’s a Star Wars world and we get to read it. Nothing came close to beating Star Wars and Vader this week and no sign of it slowing up anytime soon.
The usual suspects sold this week on the back-issue front. Harley, Deadpool and Batman. Expect Suicide Squad and Justice League to pick up in the next month with new people on board in March.
This was a amazing week as almost every Indie books came close to selling out. Dc comics had a rough week, with more pull box drops. Civil war trades continue to own the market.
Not a single DC book in the Top Ten this week (although they did take four slots in our Top Twenty). How have the mighty fallen–there was a time when DC routinely outsold almost all Marvels. The biggest success story is Dr. Strange, which is still selling right in the middle of the Top Ten with its fourth issue–the sign of a quality comic!
Several key back issue sales seem to be media driven–the first appearance of Constantine in Swamp Thing, the first appearance of Elektra, the first appearance of The Punisher, the first appearance of Deadpool…
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018