“Ducoso” is a man who sells sketches and art pieces from a variety of mostly dead creators on eBay. Of late there have been many allegations that the hundreds of sketches he is and has been selling for three figures are fake.
Such as Terry Beatty saying of this supposedly-by-Tim Burton sketch from nightmare Before Christmas that sold for $102,
Dealer in fake comic art, “Ducoso,” currently has this bogus Tim Burton drawing up for bid. Does anyone in my circle know Burton or anyone who’s worked with him, who could get him respond to this?
Likewise the estates of Charles Schulz, Walt Disney and Charles Addams — all of whom are represented in this rip off artist’s current offerings. It’d be awfully nice to get him shut down.
Or of J David Spurlock who wrote, of this piece, currently on sale, purporting to be a Dracula sketch by the late Gene Colan,
STOP THIS CRIMINAL! EVERY Gene COLAN fan should REPORT this fraud! Go to the item on ebay. Click on REPORT ITEM > copyright > forgery.
Roger McKenzie also says,
I had the awesome great fortune–and honor– to work with Gene Colan on some Dracula stories. THAT is NOT his work. Not even close.
I e-mailed “Ducoso” who told me
Many jealous people out there. Do you see one comment about a dissatisfied expert customer ? NO. All my customers know their stuff and are happy with the Original drawings I sell them. Do not listen to negative talks. It is not worth the effort. Thanks Peter.
Well, Peter, I did ask someone else. John Romita Jr.
The Romita Sr. head sketch is fake, definitely. Even the pencil sketch looks iffy, but the signatures look authentic.
Here are some more for you to argue over the whos and the hows…
And more and more and more…
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018
- Marvel Switches True Believers’ Fantastic Four for Marvel Two-In-One - May 25, 2018