Yesterday, Bleeding Cool ran two stories relating to DC Comics TV shows. One that Supergirl is planning to run a crossover with The Flash, a cross-network crossover between CBS and CW (CBS owns half of CW, the other is handily owned by Warner Bros) – that is if it gets its “Back 9” episodes commissioned. Indeed, we’ve heard this morning that it may be a requirement to do a crossover if it gets those extra episodes.
And it may all be part of an arc that takes on the storyline from the Supergirl comics about New Krypton – that comic saw 100,000 Kryptonians come to Earth after Brainiac freed them from the Bottle City of Kandor, with a new planet being built for them. It also mirrors a plotline currently running in Dark Knight III: The Master Race. But how much of that could be done on a TV budget means we may get a very different way of telling that story.
I’m hearing from another well connected source that the show is incredibly expensive and they’re not sure if they’ll go with a second season, and instead replace it with a totally different show for it.
So, basically, any discussion about who is and isn’t in season two may be more of a bucket list…
Talking of which, after all this discussion, I suddenly really want to see a Supergirl And Constantine comic book. I may be alone in this.
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Viking Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017