Yesterday, Bleeding Cool ran two stories relating to DC Comics TV shows. One that Supergirl is planning to run a crossover with The Flash, a cross-network crossover between CBS and CW (CBS owns half of CW, the other is handily owned by Warner Bros) – that is if it gets its “Back 9” episodes commissioned. Indeed, we’ve heard this morning that it may be a requirement to do a crossover if it gets those extra episodes.
And it may all be part of an arc that takes on the storyline from the Supergirl comics about New Krypton – that comic saw 100,000 Kryptonians come to Earth after Brainiac freed them from the Bottle City of Kandor, with a new planet being built for them. It also mirrors a plotline currently running in Dark Knight III: The Master Race. But how much of that could be done on a TV budget means we may get a very different way of telling that story.
I’m hearing from another well connected source that the show is incredibly expensive and they’re not sure if they’ll go with a second season, and instead replace it with a totally different show for it.
So, basically, any discussion about who is and isn’t in season two may be more of a bucket list…
Talking of which, after all this discussion, I suddenly really want to see a Supergirl And Constantine comic book. I may be alone in this.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018