The split between Marvel CEO Isaac Perlmutter and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has seen the film side of Marvel Studios moved away from Perlmutter’s purview. But what triggered it?
I understand from Disney sources that, though the two have been at loggerheads for a while, it came to a head over one project, Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
Because, although the film made a lot of money and got okay reviews, it didn’t make enough money. Or get as good reviews as the first. People, basically, didn’t go back for seconds.
And as a result, at Disney, it has been dubbed a failure. Which enabled Kevin Feige to use it leverage to push out Isaac Perlmutter, without whom there wouldn’t even be a Marvel Studios. And forced the disbanding of the Marvel Creative Committee a few months ago.
But since the initial leak of Marvel Studios absorption into Disney, there’s been a rash of stories leaked about the evils of Isaac Perlmutter and the ineptitude of the Marvel Creative Committee, which almost seems like a calcuated effort.
It’s enough to leave anyone with a discerning eye for this kind of thing to wonder if there’s a reason for the active character assassination?
Oh look, I’ve got two of them. More to come. Much more.
UPDATE: And here it comes…
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017