Today in the Mockingbird SHIELD 50th Anniversary comic, we meet Red Widow. This image, used for promotional purposes, is actually the final page. And may not even be real.
But it is a plan. And we have a young woman heading in that direction, one Ava Anatalya Orlova. And she has her own story.
And friends, a supporting cast. The only thing is, the person who looms largest in her life doesn’t even remember she exists. As we see their lives play off in opposite parallels, caviar for fish sticks and Brooklyn for Hong Kong.
Their every action playing off of one another, joined at the thematic…
And the one time they met, having such a strong effect on Ava – but seemingly none on Natasha.
The novel is out next month. I expect there is a meeting between the two that might be quite… dramatic.
Mockingbird: 50th SHIELD Anniversary is published today from Marvel Comics.
- Will Batman be Left at the Bat Altar? - May 27, 2018
- A View From Nigeria On Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña - May 27, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 27th May 2018 – From MCM London Comic Con - May 27, 2018
- Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Immortal Hulk, Tony Stark Iron Man All Sell Out First Issues - May 27, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 27th May 2018 – Everyone Loves Josh Middleton - May 27, 2018