This is Ashley A Woods.
She also does cosplay.
Comics book creator in her own right for several years, she is the artist for Niobe: She Is Life, a new comic written by Sebastian A. Jones and Amandla Stenberg, as previously revealed on Bleeding Cool.
I’ve been aware of her work in the past and thought it was… okay. Improving. But not, as they say, ready for primetime.
But some recent works from her gallery put lie to that. Folks must have noticed her rapid improvement. And now she has just posted this.
But this is not okay, This is great. From one plain panel, we see a confident, organic line I would more associate with the likes of Nate Simpson. But she says,
The book actually has a very painterly style but you can’t tell from this picture sadly; I can’t wait for you guys to see my environments and backgrounds. I’m very proud. For now, please be content with this head shot. More to come very soon.
Looking forward to it. And her work looks like it is about to get an even bigger profile…
— Ashley A. Woods (@Ashes_Art) August 22, 2015
Whether that’s as a artist or writer, we have yet to discover. But for now, I rather look forward to buying Niobe.
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018