Okay, I’m not entirely sure if it was entirely down to the naming of Thor’s abs by Squirrel Girl.
But I understand that Secret Love #1 from Marvel, a comedy one-shot as part of the Secret Wars crossover has utterly sold through at Diamond Comic Distributors on the day it was published as retailers scrambled to get copies, and may well have to go to a second printing. As it stands, they are telling me that they are out of luck as far as first printings go….
Basically it’s down to retailers underestimating what they thought was a jokey aside to the Secret Wars and turned out to have a real fanbase desperate for such a comic, pitching romantic stories across the Battleworld with alternate versions of Daredevil and Karen Page, Iron Fist and Misty Knight, Kamala Khan and Robbie Reyes and, yes, that date between Squirrel Girl and a Thor.
Congrats all! Now, whatever did happen to Miss America Chavez and Kat Bishop…
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017