Okay, I’m not entirely sure if it was entirely down to the naming of Thor’s abs by Squirrel Girl.
But I understand that Secret Love #1 from Marvel, a comedy one-shot as part of the Secret Wars crossover has utterly sold through at Diamond Comic Distributors on the day it was published as retailers scrambled to get copies, and may well have to go to a second printing. As it stands, they are telling me that they are out of luck as far as first printings go….
Basically it’s down to retailers underestimating what they thought was a jokey aside to the Secret Wars and turned out to have a real fanbase desperate for such a comic, pitching romantic stories across the Battleworld with alternate versions of Daredevil and Karen Page, Iron Fist and Misty Knight, Kamala Khan and Robbie Reyes and, yes, that date between Squirrel Girl and a Thor.
Congrats all! Now, whatever did happen to Miss America Chavez and Kat Bishop…
- How Mike Baron Channelled Bruce Lee, Paul Gulacy And Jim Steranko For Q-Ball – Thanks To Barry McClain - November 20, 2017
- Alex De Campi’s Weekly Twisted Romance Anthology For February From Image Comics - November 20, 2017
- What Will Loot Crate Be Giving You For Christmas? And What Will You Be Giving Everyone Else? EXPLORE And STAR WARS - November 20, 2017
- Over 70 Cosplay Shots From Anime NYC In New York City (Hence The Name) This Weekend - November 20, 2017
- Simon Myers Looks To The Future With Doctor Who Comics Original Art On eBay - November 20, 2017