Okay, I’m not entirely sure if it was entirely down to the naming of Thor’s abs by Squirrel Girl.
But I understand that Secret Love #1 from Marvel, a comedy one-shot as part of the Secret Wars crossover has utterly sold through at Diamond Comic Distributors on the day it was published as retailers scrambled to get copies, and may well have to go to a second printing. As it stands, they are telling me that they are out of luck as far as first printings go….
Basically it’s down to retailers underestimating what they thought was a jokey aside to the Secret Wars and turned out to have a real fanbase desperate for such a comic, pitching romantic stories across the Battleworld with alternate versions of Daredevil and Karen Page, Iron Fist and Misty Knight, Kamala Khan and Robbie Reyes and, yes, that date between Squirrel Girl and a Thor.
Congrats all! Now, whatever did happen to Miss America Chavez and Kat Bishop…
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017