Horror novelist Dean Koontz is coming back to Dynamite for a new six-issue miniseries Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein: Storm Surge. Koontz has written five novels featuring his re-imagined version of the classic Mary Shelley tale and this will be his second time bringing the world to comics. The first series adapted the novel Prodigal Son, but Storm Surge is an original story in the Koontz created universe. The new series will be co-written by Chuck Dixon (The Punisher) and drawn by Andres Ponce (Doctor Who).
Frankenstein: Storm Surge #1 continues the fan-favorite reimagining of “The Modern Prometheus” seen in Koontz’s previous Dynamite series, focusing on cast members Victor and Erika. While healing from a beating she suffered at the hands of Victor Helios – once Dr. Frankenstein – and her own maker, Erika Five decides to leave the comfort of her glassed-in porch and bottle of cognac to go exploring into Victor’s secret home lab, which she believes is an antechamber to something more sinister. With the help of the bodiless head Karloff and his disembodied hand, Erika finds a secret lab and within sees experiments revealing Victor’s attempts to do more than create a race of super-immortals… and a mirror-like portal to another universe, one of infinite realities Victor is trying to bridge for his own terrifying reasons!
Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein: Storm Surge #1 will be solicited in the August Previews catalog and will be shipping in October 2015.
- Exclusive Extended Previews For Pathfinder: Spiral Bones #1 and Vampirella #11 - March 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Marc Andreyko on Legenderry Red Sonja #2 - March 20, 2018
- Allison Williams Joins Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ - March 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018