Honestly, I’ve never played a Shenmue game, but its status as a cult favorite is not lost on me. People go out of their mind for this series, which was readily apparent when I was in the room during its announcement at Sony’s E3 Press Conference.
The Kickstarter is chugging along nicely, and to go alongside the game, a documentary called A Gamer’s Journey: The Definitive History of the Shenmue is being produced right now. It started production before the long awaited reveal, and this teaser features moments from that very press conference.
If you’ve never heard of Shenmue or don’t now why portions of the internet have been losing their minds over it, I’m sure this teaser will at least give you a glimpse.
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018
- Hitman 2 Gets New Trailer Showing How to Change the World Around You - August 17, 2018
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018