Honestly, I’ve never played a Shenmue game, but its status as a cult favorite is not lost on me. People go out of their mind for this series, which was readily apparent when I was in the room during its announcement at Sony’s E3 Press Conference.
The Kickstarter is chugging along nicely, and to go alongside the game, a documentary called A Gamer’s Journey: The Definitive History of the Shenmue is being produced right now. It started production before the long awaited reveal, and this teaser features moments from that very press conference.
If you’ve never heard of Shenmue or don’t now why portions of the internet have been losing their minds over it, I’m sure this teaser will at least give you a glimpse.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018