These are common comic book work-for-hire industry rates, compiled by Alex De Campi, and shown off at Special Edition: NYC at the weekend as part of a panel.
They show common ranges of rate in the comic book industry right now, divided into big publisher and indie, in dollars, per page.
But something that has been stated before, but often surprised folks, was Scott Snyder talking at Special Edition about earning far more on his Image comic book work than on, say, the best selling ongoing comic book in the industry, Batman. Because if you can sell the levels of, say, Captain America And The Mighty Avengers on a creator owned comic, you can earn more than if that Marvel comic was selling millions.
Which it isn’t.
Jason Latour also talked about earning more from Image than Marvel. Which suggests that Southern Bastards does better for him than Spider-Gwen…
Some have asked why Matt Fraction isn’t doing any more Marvel comics. Well with ODY-C, Satellite Sam and especially Sex Criminals at Image – why would he take a pay cut?
- Faeries Will Flood From The Faultlines From Midsummer’s Night - June 25, 2017
- Dan Schaffer And David Miller Bring Malefic To Devil’s Due For September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- Will We Discover The New Doctor Who Next Week? - June 25, 2017
- Adrian Ramos Launches No Room For Magic #1 In Keenspot’s September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- It’s Not San Andreas’ Fault, It’s The Monsters! Massimo Rosi And Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Launch Graveland #1 From Scout Comics In September 2017 Solicitations - June 25, 2017