These are common comic book work-for-hire industry rates, compiled by Alex De Campi, and shown off at Special Edition: NYC at the weekend as part of a panel.
They show common ranges of rate in the comic book industry right now, divided into big publisher and indie, in dollars, per page.
But something that has been stated before, but often surprised folks, was Scott Snyder talking at Special Edition about earning far more on his Image comic book work than on, say, the best selling ongoing comic book in the industry, Batman. Because if you can sell the levels of, say, Captain America And The Mighty Avengers on a creator owned comic, you can earn more than if that Marvel comic was selling millions.
Which it isn’t.
Jason Latour also talked about earning more from Image than Marvel. Which suggests that Southern Bastards does better for him than Spider-Gwen…
Some have asked why Matt Fraction isn’t doing any more Marvel comics. Well with ODY-C, Satellite Sam and especially Sex Criminals at Image – why would he take a pay cut?
- Ch-Ch-Changes To Blue Beetle And Hellblazer… - March 29, 2017
- Ghostbusters 101, Crossing The 1984 And 2017 Streams, Sells Out – Including One Copy To Paul Feig - March 29, 2017
- Gerard Way’s Doom Patrol Cancelled After #6… For Now - March 29, 2017
- DC Comics To Publish Two Free Wonder Woman Day Comics For June 3rd - March 29, 2017
- 29 DC Comics Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen – Lee Bermejo, Jim Lee, Jenny Frison, And Many More - March 29, 2017