These are common comic book work-for-hire industry rates, compiled by Alex De Campi, and shown off at Special Edition: NYC at the weekend as part of a panel.
They show common ranges of rate in the comic book industry right now, divided into big publisher and indie, in dollars, per page.
But something that has been stated before, but often surprised folks, was Scott Snyder talking at Special Edition about earning far more on his Image comic book work than on, say, the best selling ongoing comic book in the industry, Batman. Because if you can sell the levels of, say, Captain America And The Mighty Avengers on a creator owned comic, you can earn more than if that Marvel comic was selling millions.
Which it isn’t.
Jason Latour also talked about earning more from Image than Marvel. Which suggests that Southern Bastards does better for him than Spider-Gwen…
Some have asked why Matt Fraction isn’t doing any more Marvel comics. Well with ODY-C, Satellite Sam and especially Sex Criminals at Image – why would he take a pay cut?
- Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira to Draw James Tynion’s Final Detective Comics #981 - April 25, 2018
- New Scene from Johnny English Strikes Again Airs at CinemaCon - April 25, 2018
- Second Prints for Spider-Man, Silencer, Sideways, Terrifics and Wasted Space #1000 - April 25, 2018
- Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Virus a “Piece of Sh*t I Made in the ’90s” - April 25, 2018
- Harrison Ford, Patton Oswalt, and Tiffany Haddish in The Secret Life of Pets 2 - April 25, 2018