Reese De Luca is an ex-designer for Juicy Couture, who recently launched an original clothing line, De La Commune and is currently working with Victoria Beckham on special edition collaboration T-shirts.
So whet is he doing in Bleeding Cool? Well, he’s an avid comic fan and comic book artist, who literally wears his influences on his sleeve. His upcoming autumn collection will include classic comic inspired hoods, padded “X” knees and quilt work, and he also considering designing cosplay…
Here are a few of his sketches, including artwork for Kitty Jeans that feature Kitty Pryde, Illyana and Siryn as models.
Famously Marvel Comics have been rather shy at licensing X-Men related products right now, in the light of their studio battles with X-Men movie license owner Fox Studios.
So Reese doesn’t seem to have asked. It’s called art, dammit!
- Comic Store in Your Future: Friday Nights Aren’t Magic Anymore - February 25, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters: It’s February 25th, 2018 – Do You Know Where the Super Sons Are? - February 25, 2018
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018