We heard that Grumpy Cat was coming to comics, now we got some details and a cover. Dynamite signed a deal with Grumpy Cat Limited to develop print and digital comics featuring the internet sensation and her brother, Pokey. The publisher will start with a three-issue series this fall with plans to have a hardcover collection for the holidays. There will also be a new website which will feature weekly Grumpy Cat comic strips.
The World’s Grumpiest Cat has a social media following that most actors would kill for. 7.6 million Facebook fans and over 31 million YouTube views. She has two New York Time Best Selling Books, a Lifetime movie Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever and has made numerous appearances including the MTV Movie Awards, American Idol, The Bachelorette, The Today Show, SXSW, Good Morning America, and even hosted WWE Monday Night Raw. Grumpy Cat is Friskies official “Spokescat”, has filmed videos with Disney and Sesame Street, and appears in commercials for McDonald’s and Honey Nut Cheerios. Licensed Grumpy Cat merchandise is currently available at retailers worldwide. This is one popular cat.
The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat (and Pokey) will be available in comics shops and digitally this fall.
- Read Grand Passion #1, Part of Dynamite’s Fan Gear Pack Deal - February 17, 2018
- NFL Post Mortem – 2017 Green Bay Packers - February 17, 2018
- Can Sunday Night Save Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin? - February 17, 2018
- First Teaser Poster for Transformers: Power of the Primes - February 17, 2018
- Alfre Woodard to Recur on Fox’s Empire - February 17, 2018