Less than a week ago, statue manufacturer XM Studios Premium Collectibles was showing off designs for their officially licensed X-Men Sentinel diorama.
And last month they had shown off their Cable designs.
But, because this is a story on Bleeding Cool, and you’ve read the headline, you know what’s coming next, right? XM Studios Premium Collectibles have just posted to Facebook,
Folks, it’s been a sad day for us… due to reasons we aren’t at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. That means Cable can’t be released, and neither can the awesome Sentinel Diorama which we’ve all been so looking forward to. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn’t an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear – no matter how long it takes!
Maybe once X-Men Apocalypse is out of its promotional window, out of cinemas and already out on DVD for a while? Anything to replace them?
George Middleton This really sucks. Maybe replace with a galactus avengers diorama
XM Studios Premium CollectiblesNo Fantastic 4 too… same issue
Of course long term readers on Bleeding Cool can just add this to the long list of withdrawn licenses from Marvel for anything related to the X-Men or Fantastic Four… as part of the publishers dispute with Fox, who owns the X-Men and Fantastic Four movie licenses.
XM’s Magneto has already shipped and it looks like their Phoenix was too far along to cancel, but the hammer it seems is really coming down…
Thanks to Bleeding Cool reader Jarid for the tip!
- DC Moves Their Library Of Digital Comics To Madefire App, Including Today’s New Titles - August 16, 2017
- Wizard Returns As A Magazine, With Brian Walton As EIC - August 16, 2017
- Sorry, Gambit And Rogue #ROMY Fans, It’s Just Not Happening (Astonishing X-Men #2 Spoilers) - August 16, 2017
- How Imperical Are Your Secret Empire Crossovers Today? Brave New World #5, US Avengers #9, X-Men Blue #9… And Black Panther And The Crew #5? - August 16, 2017
- Today, Ms America Answers Captain America Over What That Letter A Stands For… - August 16, 2017