This is the cover to Secret Wars #1. The first time around, back in the eighties. By Mike Zeck, it’s all very familiar, it’s a classic. Note the appearances of Fantastic Four’s Human Torch and The Thing, as well as X-Men’s Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm.
Well here is the Secret Wars cover, on a T-shirt on sale at Wal-Mart.
Note the removal of all Fantastic Four characters, and X-Men characters, replaced by Iron Fist, Power Man, Black Panther, Daredevil, Black Bolt and Doctor Strange – and the removal of Captain Marvel as well.
Basically taking away the non-Marvel Studios characters and a Captain Marvel who might get confused with the new Captain Marvel, and introducing characters to be seen in upcoming movies and TV shows, even if they look radically different, and won’t actually be seen on screen for years yet.
On the CBR forums, there is a thread called the CompleX which details what they see as slights made against the X-Men by the publisher, in favour of Marvel Studios characters.
Well, guys and gals, consider this Exhibit A….
- DC Launches Justice League Of China Comic Book In 2018 - November 20, 2017
- DC Comics Previews Catalogue For February 2018 Solicits - November 20, 2017
- Vikings Vs Aliens In Josh Vann And Simone D’Armini’s The Spider King From IDW In February 2018 - November 20, 2017
- Before The Curtain Rises On Dean Haspiel’s Harakiri Kane For The Last Time… - November 20, 2017
- Arizonan Retailer Exclusives And A Trailer For The Release Of Paradiso #1 - November 20, 2017