This morning Bleeding Cool told you that Mike Marts had quit as X-Men executive editor at Marvel Comics to move to a new publisher, after barely a year in the role.
The PR is now out, that he and comics writer and Desperado Publishing head Joe Pruett, the man behind legendary comics anthology Negative Burn are setting up a new publisher, Aftershock Comics. Marts is Editor-In-Chief, Pruett is CCO.
Aftershock is described as a “hybrid comic book company combining the creative edge of an independent comic book publisher with the strengths and experience of a traditional powerhouse.”
The PR quotes Marts saying “AfterShock is paving the way for the next evolutionary step in comic books. Being part of this great team allows us to further foster relationships with not only the current generation of creators and writers, but also the next one.” and Pruett saying “Our entire team posses the highest level of experience within their respective fields. With the addition of Mike Marts, and his unparalleled skill set and instincts on what makes a great comic book story, our team just got even stronger.”
With a mission statement for the company saying “AfterShock Comics plans to start by publishing creator-driven comics from the industry’s top writers and artists. Over time, AfterShock intends to explore building a shared universe of characters and stories.”
Also involved in Aftershock are CEOs Michael Richter, from eBay and Facebook, and head of development at Fog City Pictures and Jon Kramer, reality TV and movie producer, joined by president of the company, Lee Kramer who was the head story analyst at Endeavor. Their SVP Investor Relations guy is Silicon Valey alumini, Jawad Qureshi.
- The Daily LITG – 18th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Alan Moore - November 18, 2018
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018
- Viz Announce My Hero Academia: Smash, Komi Can’t Communicate, Beastars and Automatic Eve for 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Kodansha to Publish Cardcaptor Sakura: Collector’s Edition in 2019 - November 17, 2018