Carlos M. sends us this plaintive missive from Wizard World Chicago this weekend:
Let me start off by saying, I love Wizard World Chicago. Been attending this show off and on since its prior incarnation when I was a kid. For a time, Wizard was the only show in Chicago. And with it, most recent as even last year, it was bringing in mega-artists to the show – J. Scott Campbell, Humberto Ramos, Ken Rocafort, etc.
But walking through artist alley this year, the Big 3 published artist selection is pretty slim.
Yes, Mike Zeck is there and he is awesome. And yes Lienel Yu is there and his artwork is incredible, and yes, some up and coming artists like Adelso Corona, Eddie Nunez, and Jenny Frison are there. But with recent big cancellations like Rafael Albuqurque, Jim Cheung, and others, for people that collect Marvel, DC, and Image books and like to walk around getting signatures and buying art, the pickings are light.
Let’s hope next year’s artist list is as strong as it’s been in the past!
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015