Back in 2011, Marvel comics gave us a glimpse of the future. One we haven’t seen for a while.
At the end of Captain America Reborn we saw this apocalyptic future with heroes slain all over, written by Ed Brubaker.
Then in Avengers #4 written by Brian Bendis.
These were labelled by Killraven as Martians (and heavily resemble the creature/machines from HG Wells’ War Of The Worlds), dragged through to the present day by Kang’s time meddling. Which it appears he has, and will be doing, a lot of.
Then in Invincible Iron Man written by Matt Fraction we see…
Revealed in Invincible Iron Man #500 as something relating to the Mandarin, it seemed.
Well, that future appears to be back, in November’s Uncanny X-Men Annual, looking at Eva’s recent time trip-and-back.
Martians? Mandarain? Doctor Octopus?
Also, Bendis wants to emphasise something.
…the one thing that people online are most questioning of me is that clearly she’s got a bit of a crush on Cyclops, but she was a bit young for him. Is she now not a bit young for him?
She was always of age. I don’t want to get any of those weird hashtags with my name on it. It’s just there are general social things; student-teacher and all that. Are they more peers now than they were? You’ll find out.
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018