With the announcement of the upcoming Red Sonja: The Black Tower series from Frank Tieri, it seemed like a good time to turn the artist spotlight onto his upcoming collaborator Cezar Razek. The man with two Z’s has worked on multiple comics for Dynamite over the last few years but this new project may be his highest profile to date.
CEZAR RAZEK: Well, since my childhood I liked to spend many hours drawing already, and as a teenager I made some penciling classes for comics and arts, after some time I even gave drawing classes.
CR: Most of my influences are from Alex Ross, Adam Hughes, Alan Davis Terry Dodson, Frank Cho … I’d really spend the would day talking about it….(laughs)
BC: What is your process for doing a page? How long does it take you?
CR: In general, you may find it at Dynamite’s and Glass House’s websites. I did work on projects such as Vampirella and Battlestar Galactica.
CR: I’m working on Red Sonja: The Black Tower.
CR: Among many projects that Dynamite gave me to work on, the one I most liked was Vampirella and Red Sonja, Id love to work with those girls again.They both are comic icons.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018