Haven’t done this in a while. Couple of years in fact. But here we go.
Here are the comics published within the last thirty-odd years that have been burning up the top of the charts and selling over $300. All raw copies, no slabbing here, no variant covers, no artificial collectibility, just the standard books that, if you have them in your collection, could pay your rent for a few months.
Dropping out of the chart over the last few years are Bone, Vengeance Of Bane, Goon, Love And Rockets and TMNT, and there have been no recorded raw sales of Albedo #2, Yosaji Yojimbo’s first appearance, Son Of Slow Jams, Dreamwalker #0 on eBay of late.
Walking Dead is continuing to dominate. And its first issue? Way, way ahead of everyone else…
Walking Dead #2 – $535 – up from $380.
Preacher #1 – $370 – while this was nowhere. The recent AMC TV news has seen sales and values on this comic rocket.
Walking Dead #19 – $355 – the first appearance of Michonne has kept this later issue up there with the big boys.
Preacher Preview #0 –$350 – a preview comic sent out free to stores to advertise the comic. And insanely valuable now in its own righ,t down to so many being thrown away.
Walking Dead #3 – $350 – Walking Dead has proved quite the return on investment, no?
Chew #1 – $350 – this used to be a fifty dollar book right out of the gate. Folk thought that was overpriced. I certainly sold my copy. But that would have been a steal, thanks to the new animated series being recorded.
Batman Adventures #12 – $325 – the first comic featuring Harley Quinn has rocketed to the top of the table, relatively from nowhere.
Elseworlds Eighty Page Giant – $316 – reprinted of late, but its been putting on value.
Bone #1 $300 – this however has crashed from $800 two years ago back to this level.
Amazing Spider-Man #300 – $300 while the first appearance of Venom has recovered its value nicely.
So… What are you going to sell?
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018