Diamond values its retailers too much to take chances on such a dangerous situation… We are not censors. We no more want someone deciding for us than you do. We cannot, however, stand by and watch the marketplace become a dumping ground for every sort of graphic fantasy that someone wants to live out. We have an industry to protect; we have leases to abide by; we have a community image to maintain.
That was a fun time. And now Marvel Comics are republishing the series in a new format. There have already been issues where Marvel digital and ComiXology mass market version saw nudity removed, and then the print version lost the use of the word “nigger”… but there’s more to come. So how are Marvel dealing with their fear of some kid flipping through a comic book with the Marvel name on the cover in a comic shop?
They’re bagging them. Issues 6, 7 and 8 will now arrive at comic stores sealed in plastic bags to prevent such browsing and, presumably, going on from there. So they can, probably, keep all the “niggers”, nudity and graphically violent scenes that they want.
What they are going to do with the Marvel digital comic version when they get to the birth issue, I still have no idea.
Oh and just checking a previous story, that issue of Uncanny X-Men, is available on Marvel’s standard digital service marked 12+.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017