While discussing the upcoming Batman ’66 Green Hornet crossover, Matt Baum on the Two Headed Nerd Podcast, said,
While I was in LA with a person who will remain unnamed to protect their identity that works for Dynamite Comics. This person told me DC – actively trying to buy Dynamite Comics.
So, I thought I’d ask Nick Barrucci, publisher and president of Dynamite Entertainment who told me,
DC Comics did not return e-mail enquiries.
Dynamite Entertainment, based in New Jersey, publish a mix of revived public domain-based comics like Dejah Thoris and Dracula, bought out comics like Vampirella, licensed titles such as Green Hornet, the Gold Key books and Twilight Zone, original work such as Damsels and specialises in multiple high end cover variants.They have also recently entered into a digital publishing deal with Dark Horse Comics.
Also, if true, as DC Comics head to Burbank, it would retain for them a presence on the East Coast. And we haven’t had a decent buyout story since Boom and Archaia…
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 26th March 2017 – “Iron Fist Is Off To A Good Start But We Didn’t Sell A Single Issue Of Gamora” - March 26, 2017
- Gamma Trade Show- Pokemon Pre-Releases, TCGPlayer And The Popularity Of Star Wars Destiny - March 26, 2017
- Unboxing The Second Stan Lee Box For March 2017 - March 26, 2017
- Comic Book Artist Oliver Nome Has Passed Away - March 25, 2017
- Frank Cho’s Movie Poster For Scott Sava’s Animal Crackers Is A Comic Strip - March 25, 2017