While discussing the upcoming Batman ’66 Green Hornet crossover, Matt Baum on the Two Headed Nerd Podcast, said,
While I was in LA with a person who will remain unnamed to protect their identity that works for Dynamite Comics. This person told me DC – actively trying to buy Dynamite Comics.
So, I thought I’d ask Nick Barrucci, publisher and president of Dynamite Entertainment who told me,
DC Comics did not return e-mail enquiries.
Dynamite Entertainment, based in New Jersey, publish a mix of revived public domain-based comics like Dejah Thoris and Dracula, bought out comics like Vampirella, licensed titles such as Green Hornet, the Gold Key books and Twilight Zone, original work such as Damsels and specialises in multiple high end cover variants.They have also recently entered into a digital publishing deal with Dark Horse Comics.
Also, if true, as DC Comics head to Burbank, it would retain for them a presence on the East Coast. And we haven’t had a decent buyout story since Boom and Archaia…
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017