While discussing the upcoming Batman ’66 Green Hornet crossover, Matt Baum on the Two Headed Nerd Podcast, said,
While I was in LA with a person who will remain unnamed to protect their identity that works for Dynamite Comics. This person told me DC – actively trying to buy Dynamite Comics.
So, I thought I’d ask Nick Barrucci, publisher and president of Dynamite Entertainment who told me,
DC Comics did not return e-mail enquiries.
Dynamite Entertainment, based in New Jersey, publish a mix of revived public domain-based comics like Dejah Thoris and Dracula, bought out comics like Vampirella, licensed titles such as Green Hornet, the Gold Key books and Twilight Zone, original work such as Damsels and specialises in multiple high end cover variants.They have also recently entered into a digital publishing deal with Dark Horse Comics.
Also, if true, as DC Comics head to Burbank, it would retain for them a presence on the East Coast. And we haven’t had a decent buyout story since Boom and Archaia…
- When Paul Weller Is Libelled In Today’s Invincible Iron Man #594 (SPOILERS) - November 22, 2017
- Where Do The Marvel Universe Think The Fantastic Four Are? Iron Man And Moon Girl Spoilers…. - November 22, 2017
- Kick-Ass #1 And Metal #6 On Front And Back Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews Catalogue - November 22, 2017
- 13 Thoughts About Doomsday Clock #1 – Learning From History, Condemned To Repeat It Anyway (SPOILERS) - November 21, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And Doomsday Clock Eclipses Them All – A Comic Show - November 21, 2017