Please avoid spoilers and sneak peeks of next week’s SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #29. Trust me. You’ll enjoy it more when you read it in the book.
— Dan Slott (@DanSlott) March 6, 2014
Dan Slott Protocols are in force for today’s Superior Spider-Man #29, whatever they bring.
One twist is that the UK hasn’t changed its clocks forward but America has. Which means there is only four hours now between London and New York. Which means Midtown Comics opens its doors only one-and-a-half hours after Orbital Comics (8am ET to 10.30am GMT).
What does that mean? Well it means I’m going to have to work harder. Combined with convention planning and Eve’s ninth birthday today (and Alice’s sixth on Saturday) it means this week I’ll have to suspend X Thoughts About X Comics. Sorry, folks. Hopefully there will be enough things going on to make up for it.
But as for Superior Spider-Man #29, in concordance with Dan Slott protocols, we begin with a non-spoilery post, increasing in spoileriness as more and more stores across the states upon their doors until we have full spoiler touchdown as comic stores open in Los Angeles.
Of course, I reckon someone’s going to die…
Here’s the solicitation.
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #29
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A/C)
ARTIST VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
“Goblin Nation” – Part 3 of 5
• The Spider-Slayer Squadron were supposed to be under Mayor J. Jonah Jameson’s control…
• …but now they’ve been drafted into The Goblin Nation!
• Guest Starring: Spider-Man 2099!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
And here’s the variant cover for La Mole Comic Con in Mexico this weekend.I’m not sure if Black Cat is in the issue. I’m not sure anyone will care.
Though Dan Slott won’t be there… he’ll be here!
@chidioko I’ll be at LSCC this weekend. And I’ll be at Forbidden Planet NEXT Wednesday. :)
— Dan Slott (@DanSlott) March 11, 2014
Okay, off to the comic shop. Maybe get some kevlar in time for the weekend as well.
UPDATE: SPOILER x1
The Green Goblin targets Superior Spider-Man directly, both his life as Otto Octavius and his new life as Peter Parker. By blowing it all up. And giving him all the motivation he needs for a revenge attack…
The supervillian gets supervillained!
UPDATE x2: which leads to the final last page reveal that…
Hang on… that’s basically just what the solicitations said.
Oh no! So we did spoil the issue in the first post!
Okay, some other things happened I suppose. But when you give away the ending on the solicits and on the cover of the comic, what price spoilers?
It may be worth noting of course, that even now we still haven’t seen Norman Osborn’s actual face.
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018
- 9 Exclusive Retailer Covers from Marvel for April 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018