Below will be a major spoiler for the new Judge Dredd Megazine. The monthly hard sci-fi comic anthology featuring the mighty law giver of Mega City One in his continuing real time adventures.
If you are intending to read the comic book, you should turn away now.
But I would also ask, inspired by Dan Slott, that if you do post the contents below elsewhere, that you try and preserve the spoiler aspects by not talking about the details or using the image unless it too can be protected in a spoilerish fashion. It is not the intent of this column to spoil any storylines for those who wish not to be spoiled, merely use a spoiler to bring attention to a comic that may otherwise be ignored. I hope you can join in with me on that.
You may want to turn away. You may not. Just know that once you see this, you can’t go back.
So on we go.
In this month’s Judge Dredd Megazine #345, the Anderson, Psi-Division story ends with her hanging herself. Alan Grant’s been talking about this for some time, implying at LSCC last year that he saw it as the only logical conclusion for the character. It’s a difficult direction for that character, but it’s probably the biggest effect we’ve seen of the Day of Chaos, with Anderson despairing in the face of almost a billion deaths. And as one of 2000AD’s biggest characters, it’s a hell of a dark place for Alan to take things…
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently exhibiting the work of Liz Prince, with an exhibition from her new book on Topshelf, Alone Forever, for which they are also selling an exclusive and limited bookplate edition.
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017
- Philip Stead And Erin Stead Complete Mark Twain’s Lost Book, The Purloining Of Prince Oleomargarine - January 20, 2017
- Frank Cho – No Nudity, Just Catholic Nuns In Bikinis - January 20, 2017
- A Sneak Peek At The Best Selling Comic Of 2017 – Could It Be Obelix The Gaul? - January 20, 2017