If you think the look of Rocket Raccoon, walking across the screen in the Guardians Of The Galaxy trailer looks ridiculously wonderful, think how utterly insane it must have looked when he first appeared in 1976. And spare a thought of the writer who co-created him, Bill Mantlo.
Greg Pak posted a reminder of Mantlo’s condition – and what you can do to help.
Tragically, as LifeHealthPro’s Bill Coffin documented in a tremendously moving article a few years ago, Mantlo was struck by a hit-and-run driver in 1992 and suffered traumatic brain injury.
If you love Rocket Raccoon — or Rom or the Hulk or the Micronauts or Cloak and Dagger or any of the incredible characters Bill Mantlo wrote during his prolific career — please consider clicking the button below to send your donation to Bill’s brother Mike for Bill’s ongoing care.
I just have. You should too. You might also want to ask Marvel Comics if they’d like to chip in as well.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017