In which he talks about the variant cover program (see some of them here), about the Marvel NOW! relaunch… and what’s going on with the new Marvel NOW relaunch of Wolverine.
You may recall that we told you that Wolverine #12 out in September 2014 would have some big time media reveal and that retailers were being encouraged to stock masses of Wolverine #1 with the proviso that they could swap unsold copies, two for one, for a rare variant covered version.
We have theorised that it might be another of David Gabriel’s deaths. But it seems that whatever happens is also kicking off with #1. Gabriel said,
What’s happening starting with Wolverine#1will have fans, retailers, non-comic readers and more screaming the same manner as what we heard during the Superior Spider-Man launch. At the very least there will be something new and exciting for all types of fans. This is really unlike anything we’ve done before. I expect we’re going to hear about a lot of sec prints across the line, and we’re already doing what we can to avoid that… but there will be lots of Hawkeyes, Daredevils, and maybe even Marvel Zombies type series in this mix where the buzz generated will continue to send new fans back into shops looking for these titles week after week!
So… what else could they do to Wolverine that would get your goat? Maybe discover that he was actually always an evolved wolverine as was originally intended?
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017